If you are having a nosebleed you should:
- sit down and firmly pinch the soft part of your nasal cavity, just above your nostrils, together for 10 minutes
- lean forward and breathe through your mouth leaning forward drains the blood down your nose instead of down the back of your throat
- maintain the pressure on your nose for 15 minutes (time this on the clock) so that the blood clots
- place a covered ice pack on your cheek to help soothe the area, the bleeding should stop and not start again, unless your nose is knocked or picked
- avoid blowing your nose and strenuous activity for at least 12 hours after a nosebleed.
Avoid hot drinks for a few hours after that. Try also not to wipe your nose too much, or to sneeze. If the bleeding persists, consult your doctor.